Thursday, 4 August 2011

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside...


"Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play: "Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"

So last week we packed our egg sandwiches and filled a flask of tea and set off for the Bright lights on Clacton on Sea.


It's a place we would go for day trips as children and it is also a place I was thrilled to discover hasn't changed a bit.

The pier, the rides, the colours, the aroma...all exactly the same.


As if time has stood completely still.


The thrill of the 2p slot machines...


Still just as entising and as equally as exciting.


Big Bumps of Happy Fun


And sticky sweet sticks of Rock.


Collecting pretty seashells...


And building perfect sandcastles


Oh how we love to be beside the seaside...


Beside the sea.


What a jolly day was had by All.


 as we spent a glorious day stepping back in time.

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures, they have a retro look about them, like they've been taken on an old polaroid camera.
    I like taking the kids to the beach, beach combing is good fun, but I'd have to admit I'm not a fan of the whole seaside thing, having lived in a few seaside towns (arcades and such like) although the food is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pictures Mama S and glad to see you wearing your snood :)

    Oddly enough, when my first marriage ended I wanted to move away to start a fresh and I ended up being offered a job down in Clacton On Sea (I live in North Wales). I debated taking it but didn't in the end. Sometimes I wonder what my life may have ended up like if I had.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the 2p slot machine. So, so addictive. Lovely retro looking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a go on the helter-skelter. I think my parents took me to Clacton once as a child, but I dont remember it, more often we went to Southend-on-Sea in the autumn to see the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pics.....what camara did you use? Or did you do some fancy editing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone...It was such a lovely day out. And Little puffin I have a GE camera but to get the vintage look to the photos I edit them in photo shop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...