Wednesday, 3 August 2011

The Gallery - Birth

This weeks theme for The Gallery over at Sticky Fingers is Birth. As some of you already know a few years ago I was living in a village by the sea in North Devon. We moved there not long after the loss of my lovely Mum.

Papa and I had been separated for twelve months because the pain of Mums death was too much to bare and we both totally 'cracked up'. When we got back together we were so mentally exhausted that we felt we needed to retreat from the world to try and heal our broken hearts as we both grieved for Mum.

Our original plan was to move back to Essex but by chance ended up in North Devon for a year. It was an amazing place to live and every morning I opened my bedroom curtains to this view...

During that year I felt I was re-born. My life completely changed. My outlook became clear. For the first time in my life I could see my future with clarity. I knew what I needed to do to change our lives. This is when we made the decision to 'Downshift'. We have never looked back and are more content than we have ever been.

"There are moments in your life that make you and set the course of who you're going to be. Sometimes they're little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they're big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."
~Author Unknown~

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I am sure I have seen you mention this before. I really admire people who do not allow life to break them and dictate how things will be. Your move to Devon sounds as if it was just waht was needed.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly, what a view. Devon sounds and looks heavenly: clearly what you needed. Long may your therapeutic view last

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing view. I'd love to wake up to that every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful view. So lovely to see that something good came out of such a painful time for you... Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were you staying in Appldore? Love it there so quaint and pretty.
    This isca gorgeous post and take on theme and I am so glad that a stay down here in north Devon allowed your re-birth as a couple to prosper and allow you to stay together xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone and Jenny yes it was Appledore...My fav place in the whole world. You are sooooo lucky to live in that neck of the woods x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...