Tuesday, 2 August 2011

The 1940's Crochet Snood

The 1940's snood is back and anything I can crochet I will, especially if its something I can wear. I spent a fair amount of time looking for a pattern online until I spotted one I like on ravelry here.


The pattern took me about 30 mins to complete and was very easy. My hair is fairly long so ideally I should have added a few rows to make it slightly longer. Also I really should have created victory rolls in my hair at the front but I was rushing out the door for a day trip when I took this photo so just didn't have the time to flaff about with my hair.

I am thrilled that these hair nets are making a comeback and I'm planning on making quite a few of them in different colours. It was so comfy to wear and didn't give me a headache like a bun usually does. So a big thumbs up for The Snood! Our Grannies really did know to dress their hair!


5 comments:

  1. I love that, I think I need a brown or black one to hide away my curly frizzy hair! But then I need to hear to hook first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You should sell them from your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mama! Nothing like a good snood! LOL My Mum used to crochet hair bun covers for us. They were all the rage in the 70's.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, I'm really pleased with how it turned out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love your snood. I kinda just wanted to write that word. Nice snood. Okay I wanted to write it twice. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...