Wednesday, 27 July 2011

My New Tattoo - Cherry Blossom

My Silent Sunday post last week was my new tattoo so I thought you might like to know a little more about it ...


I have been meaning to get some cherry blossom tattoo's on both my arms for quite a while now but just not got around to it. I already have various tatt's and I got my first one when I was seventeen (Some 20 odd years ago now). I've always like them and I have also always appreciated the art and work that goes into creating a tattoo on a person's body.

So my new tattoo is cherry blossoms and why I picked to have them permanently inked onto my skin goes back to my childhood. Growing up we had a huge, very old white cherry tree in our garden and I have many many fond memories of me and my Brothers eating them straight from the tree so cherries and cherry blossoms just always remind me of a happy time.

Anyway I was supposed to get the tattoo done last year for my 40th but just haven't had the time to go get it done until recently. Then a new tattoo shop opened up in town, of course I was keen to be there for the opening to have a nose about and see who the owners were. A Friend of mine came along with me and booked herself in for a tatt. The new owner took the booking, she was a vibrant and very pretty woman with bright pink hair. There was something so familiar about her but I couldn't think where I knew her from but I knew, without question she was from the place I grew up.

Over the next few days it really bugged me where I knew her from until I went with my friend to get her tattoo. The pink haired woman asked my name and if by any chance I come from ...my childhood town. She mentioned my old street...The street with the house with the cherry tree. I squealed as it suddenly dawned on me who she was... My eldest Brother and I were great Friends with her whole family and as a teenager I even used to babysit for her (She is about ten years younger than me). We were the two large families on the street and spent a lot of our childhood together.

So to have her tattoo me gave the meaning behind the cherry blossoms extra sentiment as she remembers the cherry tree in my childhood garden and I've booked in to have my other arm tattooed in a couple of weeks time. It really is such a small world and sometimes, some things are just meant to be!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a small world...that's so amazing that you managed to bump into her again and she got to do your tattoo for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tatto, and a nice story too, are you going to the other arm done too? a symmetry is nice, why not get one leg done instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love you mama syder xxxxxxxxxxxxx kimmie xxx face book freind xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone and love you too kimmie, Thanks for commenting Hun xxx
    wooden toy expert - I'd like my legs done but def want my other arm done first. Would like a 40's style pin up on my leg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a story behind a tattoo. I have one tattoo on my back and it's a rose and I had because my Gran had gorgeous rose bushes in her garden and also because my husband's first present to me was a huge bunch of white roses. So lovely that your tattoo was done by someone from your childhood who knew the tree. Amazing! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story, the tattoo looks lovely! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Laura & Jo...Laura your tatt sounds lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm afraid I haven't got anything nice to say about tattoos (not yours specifically, I hasten to add), but I LOVED the story behind it. And wow, what an amazingly small world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tattoo, and beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I know! Tattoos aren't my thing but I can appreciate the artistry behind them and yours is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  11. you couldn't make something like that up!! Small world as they say! I've always wanted a tattoo but believe they should have a meaning. So until I find one that has meaning for me I won't get it done x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...