Tuesday, 12 July 2011

#Mumentum - A catch up

So hows things been in my dieting world the past few weeks? Well, I'm relieved to report my weight loss is still right on track. I have lost over a stone now and dropped a dress size. I feel so better...more energetic and comfortable. I feel as though I am well on my way to goal.


I think the biggest reason why I am doing so well on my diet this time is my weekly weightwatchers meeting. I don't actually think its necessarily the diet plan itself that I am finding so easy as I do actually prefer Slimming world principles and even on weightwatchers I try not to mix carbs with protein which is essentially the basics of slimming world. 

I personally feel if you are paying out each week for meetings then the success of your diet really depends upon the group leader, the venue, having friends who are dieting along side you and actually staying for the whole meeting and NOT just weighing and running.

I have been to quite a few of these diet clubs over the past 20 odd years and the times they have been successful are the times when I have actually looked forward each week to weigh in. So if you go to your local slimming club and hate being there, find it a bit boring or just dread going then I suggest you leave and try another one even if it means switching diets. Being happy and relaxed at weigh in makes a huge difference to how successful you will be.

The support of my online slimming groups both on facebook and in blogesphere also give me incentive to keep going and if you feel you would like some support in Blogland then pop over to Liska's blog (New Mum Online) and say Hi. Mumentum was the lovely Liska's idea and everyone is so lovely and friendly.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Mama Syder. You know, you're inspiring me to do something about getting rid of my pregnancy and baby weight. I'm running out of excuses now as my kids are now 6 and 4! I went to WW last year and had great success but life got in the way and I didn't keep going to meetings. It wasn't long before old habits crept back in. You might've just given me the kick in the pants I needed. I'll report back.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally I also have been to quite a few classes over the years and if you are not happy with your lead and not comfortable at group you lack insentive. Well done on your weight loss!!

    Dianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have lost loads, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention and you are doing so very very very well.
    My Mum Tum is so large now people are starting to ask me if I am pregnant again.
    Not good.
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...