Tuesday, 28 June 2011

My Retro Caravan

I am thrilled to be the new owner of a retro 1978 Cosalt caravan. One of our neighbours spotted it for sale on someones drive and originally he wanted it for himself but just didn't have the room to store it so he pointed me & papa in its direction.Although it is a 70's van it has the sexy rounded shape of a caravan from the 50's & 60's.


I have been on the look out for an old caravan to renovate for quite a while now. I dont know what it is but I just love old caravans pimped up. My mind is just buzzing with ideas as I gain inspiration from other people who also like to Pimp their caravans.

So if I want my caravan looking lovely and brimming with vintage charm I need to set to work. I am planning on painting the exterior of the van white and sky blue(well, Papa is the painter). A bit like this colour.

I will be painting the interior walls pale blue and I have ordered red & white polka dot fabric for the curtains. As I give you a little tour you will really need to use your imagination of how lovely it could be when I have finished the renovations. The cooker and sink are in perfect condition and just need polishing up. And the groovy brown melamine cupboards will be painted white.



I have taken down the original nets and brown curtains and will be replacing them with polka dot curtains that will be easy to make. I also want to cover the seating, not sure what with just yet, maybe a pink  fabric. If you look in between the two cupboard doors there is an original gas lamp, the shade is a little battered so I will try and reshape it.


We were pleased to discover the van also has seating that transforms into bunk beds and the bed on the bottom even turns into a double bed if needed. 


In one of the cupboards I found an original awning. We haven't had it out yet but at first glance it looks like it was hardly ever used. 


I have saved the best until last, check out this very retro bathroom. I am in love with the wallpaper and really wish the whole van had the same...its lush!



I will keep you updated and I will be blogging about my new project so pop back soon and see how we get along.

Oh and we will also be naming her! I know I'm sooooo sad! x

11 comments:

  1. Your caravan is already cute, looking forward to following it's progress to gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how georgus, you are going to have so much fun doing it up! I can't wait to see all your photos ... happy pimping!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lucky! That looks like so much fun, more fun to decorate it than travel with it almost well I hope you have a great time doing both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my OH sees this he will be so envious as it's his dream to own his own caravan. His favourite pastime is Autotrader for the caravans on sale. I sahll be very interested to see how you decorate it, the ideas shown are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that's amazing - can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh! Sooooooo jealous!!! Absolutely wonderful, oh the possibilities. I would love to do up a caravan & I'd have it as my hideaway. Another thing on my list that I have to live vicariously through other people's blogs. I'm in dream land now! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mama S...it's gorgeous and that's coming from a caravan-loather (I just hate them on the road as I used to commute 124 miles a day and they drove me wild!). I love Bertha so much and I love what you have planned for her x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, someone else as crazy as me, thought id share my retro beauty with you..What doyou think
    http://retrorampage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, oh my, oh my. I am in love with your caravan. I want one! I've been trying to convince my hubs to get one for ages. Sigh!

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing progress with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting, love the bathroom walls.
    I recently converted my retro caravan into a workspace. Very easy in comparison.
    I am really looking forward to seeing what you do, bet it will be fab.
    Emma. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...