Monday, 20 June 2011

Magpie Monday - Pyrex, Roses, Ribbons & Lace

Pyrex, Roses, Ribbons & Lace these are a few of my favourite things. 

I am thrilled with this weeks Magpie finds...Lots of lovely vintage charity shop finds and first up we have some vintage Pyrex. Most of us Magpies have 'a thing' for Pyrex. The crisp white glass with bold prints  are to die for and the older and bolder the more excited we get.

So this first one is a snowflake design is from the 1950's. It is a really handy midi size roaster and fits perfect in my warming oven on the range. The pattern is in perfect condition and it has a lid which I'm chuffed with. This roaster was only £2!


This next Pyrex roaster is also from the space saving range and again is a mini roaster. I love the colour of this one...Yellow with black snowflakes looks gorgeous. 


The best thing about it is it has a little stand or cradle as it is sometimes called. I'm guessing it is also from the 1950's but if anyone knows for sure I would love to hear from you. This one was such a bargain at £1.50.



I then had a rummage in the haberdashery drawer and spotted these artificial roses. I love them and will put them in my hair. I got the lot for £1
.

Up next is some retro dress patterns. I love the style of these and in a modern retro style fabric they will look fab. I got the pair for £1
.


Further rummaging revealed a bag of lace. I instantly got excited as I saw the gorgeous pinks and a stunning red. The bag was 50p. 


I knew exactly what I would do with the lace and I needed some vintage style buttons to complete what I had in mind. I got these little beauties for 50p.



Want to know what I did with the lace and buttons? Well, my Teen buys a lot of lace headbands so I thought I could make her some instead of the fortune she pays for them in the shop. She loves the ones I made her and actually prefers them to the shop bought ones. Now we have plans to make lots more in all different styles and colours.


Pop over to Liz at Me and My Shadow for Magpie Monday

12 comments:

  1. Love the yellow and black roaster Em, never seen that colourway but I love it! G xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Mama Syder! You really are a thrifty magpie! What great finds. I love seeing what you pick up. I'm not having much luck lately. Seems I go on the wrong day or not early enough because the same old things are always for sale at my shops. I might have to broaden my horizons and try a little bit further from home.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be one of the few who doesn't really 'get' the Pyrex thing!

    I do love your haberdashery though, particularly the buttons. So great that you had a project in mind and have already executed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace hairband is brilliant - very 'Desperately Seeking Susan'. Get making some more and flog them to all her mates!

    The pyrex is pretty too, will be perfect at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice finds em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, love the pyrex, such bargains. I would have snapped up those buttons and lace in a flash...gorgeous! @gidders1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, picture after picture of wonderfulness. the pyrex is great but your hairband creation is utterly brilliant. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, loving the practical Pyrex.
    Spot the business opportunity with the lace thing - send one to Lady Gaga and you will be a billionnaire in an instant
    My try is over at http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pyrex haul! I also can't resist a rummage ijn the haberdashery box for stuff like vintage sewing patterns (even if I can't understand them!).

    I love the hair band you made too. I would be tempted to make button earrings out of some of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds - I do love those buttons particularly -there's nothing like a rummage through a few vintage buttons, is there?! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what lovely finds and at such bargain prices too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore the pyrex, you never see any near me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...