Monday, 27 June 2011

Magpie Monday - Bouquets & A Revamped Lamp

I have been cracking on with my bedroom makeover this past couple of weeks. I was going for a 30/40's look but it is becoming a bit of a mis-mash of a few different era's as I collect vintage accessories to dress the room. We have painted the walls a nice cottage cream, hung my vintage curtains that I bought here and this week I revamped an old lamp stand I had. I have a long way to go before the room is finished so I wont show you it just yet...so just a glimpse for now. 

I picked up a lovely print for a £1.

And a really gorgeous little painting someone called Jules had painted. I absolutely love it and it was only 50p!



So they have been hung in my bedroom. Last year I picked up an old wooden lamp base for a £1 that was a dark varnished colour complete with a really old plug and light fitting. Papa changed the fitting for me and I painted it white. I found a really nice vintage shade in the charity shop this week for £2.


The shade complements the base perfectly...I'm thrilled with the revamp!


Pop over to Me and My Shadow for Magpie Monday for more magpie finds.

11 comments:

  1. From the teaser your bedroom looks as though it's going to be lovely. The pictures look great in that corner co-ordinating with the floral bedlinen, and I LOVE the lamp- the shade is gorgeous! Great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee you find some lovely things Mama Syder! I just love that lamp shade. Looking at your bedding, it's looking very shabby chic. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    Anne @ Domesblissity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em, that lamp is fab and your bedding is beautiful! And I'm very envious of the beautiful fireplace you have in your bedroom.

    I'm not Magpie-ing this week, I've been avoiding the charity shops on account of sorting/packing. I might not be able to resist this week though, seeing as I get paid on Wednesday LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, again I so won't to live in your house! Your revamped bedroom looks amazing and I really like your vintage style. The flower prints are just gorgeous and at £1 and 50p that's very cool! Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I can't wait to see your room when its all completed :) Love the lamp stand!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lamp is gorgeous. I'm picturing it with an old black twisty cord fitting before it was updated, my nan used to have a couple of lamps with those fittings. And I'm very jealous of the mirror I caught a glimpse of above your fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. The fireplace needs a little mantle and some trinkets and Squeakymum I won the mirror on ebay for 99p! Lovely bargain that was! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I strongly suspect your bedroom is going to be totally gorgeous!

    The lamps is stunning. It's exactly what I had in mind when I picked up a dark wooden base. My mother scowled at me so I put it back - shame on me! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. very posh em well done xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pictures and revamped lamp, what bargains! I agree the fireplace looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it is so lovely already so really looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...