Monday, 6 June 2011

Crinoline Lady and yellow Rose curtains

I didn't go to the charity shop this week as it was half term and we had our Granddaughter staying with us and I just didn't get the time. However I've been on ebay...Lots. 

My first bargain is a Smelton Crinoline lady cake plate. It was only a pound and I know it is a bit worn in the middle of the plate but I think that adds to its character. I think it dates back to the 1930's but I might be wrong so if you can correct me I would appreciate it. 


I can just imagine the amount of family tea's this plate has seen. As it is well used I guess it saw and heard many family conversations around the table.
It is pouring with rain here today so please excuse the rain drops.



My new bedroom curtains arrived. I bought these from ebay last week for a bargain £3 + £7 postage. A real bargain. 


They are typical 1950's curtains and I'm pretty sure they are Barkcloth, in fact I'm positive the fabric is. I love the yellow rose design on them and how fresh they look. I will add some lining them hang them in my bedroom.

Today I am linking up to Magpie Monday over at Me and my Shadow, Thrift Share Monday over at Apron Thrift girl and Flea Market finds over at Her Library Adventures.

12 comments:

  1. Love that little plate! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curtains are stunning. I love the yellow roses, they are going to look great. What a treat to wake up to them every morning.

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plate Mama Syder (oh, and the raindrops too). I think the more worn out the better.

    And the curtains are gorgeous too. What great finds!

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grt finds the plate is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you know I can't resist a cake plate, lovely items, can't wait to see your revamped bedroom. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO! Lovely cake plate and what a bargain. I do love vintage china.
    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that plate in a charity shop recently and managed to persuade myself not to buy it.
    Curtains are wild

    ReplyDelete
  8. that fabric was a bargain and a half really - 1950's barkcloth in nice patterns isn't so easy to find these days is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love that crinoline lady plate and your curtains are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just started buying vintage curtains on eBay - it's totally addictive. I love these!! yellow roses are so cheerful and the plate is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the rain drops add to your presentation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...