Monday, 23 May 2011

Vintage Goodies for £1.50

I was very pleased with my bargains this week, I have won a pair of vintage 1950's yellow rose curtains for my bedroom on ebay but they haven't arrived yet, I'll show you those next week.

Anyway at the charity shop this week the first thing I spotted was an old alarm clock. As you know I am in the process of collecting vintage things for my bedroom and I wanted a clock that ticks. This one does just that and a bargain at £1.50.


I have a really old plate rack on my kitchen wall that was pine and it has little china, hand painted pull out drawers. I am in the middle of painting it sky blue and I have started collecting blue and pink vintage plates to display on my rack once finished. I picked up this 'Windsor' China one again a bargain at £1.50.


Lastly I have a thing for vintage clothes airers (or clothes horses as I usually call them)...Have no idea why but I just like them. Anyway I couldn't buy this one fast enough. "How much, How much???" I shouted without sounding too keen "£1.50!" the lady replied. Woohoo, It was safe to report that I was thrilled!


Pop over to Me and My Shadow for more bargains
Me and My Shadow

I am also linking up to Apron Thrift Girl

and

18 comments:

  1. Wow you have some great bargain the clock is great,i also collect china cups/plates and i can remember my mum having a clothes horse like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love wooden clothes horses too!

    Your pplate is stunning - are they Morning Glories?

    Thanks for joining in xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I bet your plate rack will look so pretty all painted and stocked with lovelies!! Wish I had a big enough kitchen to be able to display lovely things :) Love the wooden clothes horse too - amazing bargain ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, the clock is awesome! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh you've whetted my appetite with the sound of those vintage curtains!

    There's something really cute about the numerals on that alarm colour and its grey/blue colour - quite unusual.

    I'm also a sucker for a pretty plate so would definitely have snaffled that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great bargains you got again. My mam also had one of those wooden airers and before that she had a fold out wooden one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely alarm clock, but I'm the opposite to you and ticking drives me mad when I'm dropping off to sleep!
    Can't wait to see your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totes loving that cake plate, you know me and china! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Despite loathing laundry I really like that airer - so much prettier than my metal one, will have to look out for something similar. I like the clock but can't have anything that ticks in my bedroom - I'd never sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only are you thrifty and have a good eye, you have a PLAN for how you are using these items. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like £1.50 is your "lucky price". If that was me, I'd be able to justify any purchase at £1.50 as lucky from now on! Love that plate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've wanted one of those wooden airers for ages.....£1.50 is an amazing price for one! Love the clock and the plate too, great finds :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun alarm clock! I can hear it ringing already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, £1.50 for a clothes horse ! totally fab. I love them. We are always drying clothes around the house, must go on the hunt for some "vintage ones".
    Really pretty plate too, can't wait to see it on its blue plate rack. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super selection of bargains you've got this week! Particularly like the clock - can't remember how long it is since I had a clock that actually ticked!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the wooden clothes airers you've got. I've been on the look out for one of those for ages but no luck so far - I'm sure I'll find one at a boot sale eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a lovely plate, such beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...