Wednesday, 25 May 2011

The Gallery - My Backyard

For this weeks Gallery I couldn't use just one photo for my backyard so I have a gallery of photo's to show you around where I spend most of my time when I'm not Blogging, sewing, crocheting or doing the housework.

WELCOME TO THE SYDER APPLE GARDEN


This first photo is where I sit to drink my coffee's and eat my weight watchers grub (I'm on a diet).


Next is our fire pit that my lovely cousin bought for me last summer. Its fab and we use it a lot. And my little green house that one of my brothers and  second son bought for me.

Then we have the Hen House (Papa built it using old pallets)



I found this totem mask in a charity shop and hung it next to the Hen house to ward off the foxes...Touch wood, so far it has worked. I love native American stuff.


I also love wind chimes and have a couple of them jingling away in the garden. The sound relaxes me.


Here we have our winter log storage and BBQ area.

Last year Papa built the kids a tree house again from Pallet wood. The kids use it all the time.


And only just yesterday Papa put up a rope swing (no not for him for the kids). This meant moving that wooden base that I was having a summer house on but we have changed our minds and are moving it to another part of the garden as I want this end as a secret garden for the kids. Papa moved it last night and at the moment the trampoline is buried under it.


So that's a little look around my backyard. A backyard that is work in progress. Pop over to Sticky Fingers for more Backyards.

17 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your backyard a lot! What a fun place to share with friends and family :) no ugly weedstalks there ha ha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic garden! I love the rope swing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden, esp that fire pit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR BACKYARD! Please can I come and live with you? Another chicken keeper too :) I've discovered that there are lots of us today! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have loads of stuff in your garden. I love the tree house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's is so much going on in your garden and its so colourful. I love it. Great shots. Looks like a great place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are just fantastic. Love the totem mask and wind chime. Everything looks so inviting, I feel like popping by to share that coffee! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful garden, I love the different areas in it and how much of it is recycled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, your gardne must be quiet a size. Papa is a handy man to have around. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the funkiest coolest garden ever! I never thought to accessorise! I have the exact smae patio set as you and have a thing for masks. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all! You have a fabulous backyard. Please could you send Papa over here with a pallet or two. What a talented man! I must seek out a totem mask to guard my hens too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was on my phone last night when I saw this and couldn't comment. I LOVE this so much - so jealous. I'll say it again, I want to come live with you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fantastic garden! Ours is really small, so I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the garden, really pretty colours. The Native American mask is fab.

    Dcoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely garden, looks so warm and welcoming and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a lovely garden. Looks like the perfect place to hang out with the family. I am totally jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...