Monday, 11 April 2011

Magpie Monday

It's Magpie Monday again over at Me and My Shadow and this week I am quite pleased with my charity shop finds. First thing I spotted was a new denim jacket to wear over my maxi dress during the summer months. It is rare I buy clothes are not a real bargain but I  very nearly bought one very similar for £40 last week, relieved I didn't as I got this one for £1.


I have been meaning to buy a new picnic bag for ages and it just keeps slipping my mind. I got this one for £2. Very pleased with it as it is good as new.


Then I spotted a couple of really nice cook books for £1 each. A low fat one and a great Toddler menu book.


The first thing I will be trying from the low fat book is this veggie ratatouille...It looks yummy.


I love the Toddler Menu book and even though my kids are no longer toddlers I think my 11 year old Daughter and my 5 year old Granddaughter will enjoy the recipes inside. First thing I like the look of are these cute Sandcastle cakes.

The book also has great weekly Toddler menu ideas for ages 18 mths up to 4+ years. Great little book.


So until next week Folks...In the mean time pop over to Me and My Shadow and have a nose around every one Else's bargains this week.

8 comments:

  1. Some great finds there. Must be a lovely feeling to have effectively saved £39 on a new jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fab finds especially the jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your finds this week. With all this sunshine, the picnic bag is vital. I love cookbooks and what fun those sandcastles are! You need to post a pic of you and that jacket with your maxi.
    My finds are over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that denim jacket and you are right they look great over maxi dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the denim jacket, I used to have one that I lived in. I feel I am too old for them now. It will look fab over a maxi dress. Great piccies of the receipes in the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain that jacket was! Amazing.

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awaful, but I can't wait for my girls to start pre-school so I can go and visit charity shops in fact ANY shop without them moaning and ruining the whole experience - nice finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If you haven't any charity in your heart you have the worst kind of heart trouble" to cure it help people, let's unite for one good cause, be a volunteer"save lives"! mawaddainternationalaid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...