Sunday, 3 April 2011

Listography - First 5 albums I ever owned

This weeks Listography over at Kate Takes 5 is The First Five albums ever owned. So of course I'm going back to the Eighties.


In 1983 I got a paper round. Every Wednesday I would get home from school and deliver The Yellow advertiser, a free paper. I'd earn about £4 per week but would often share it with my brother as most of the time he would help me. That extra money meant I could save for records...vinyl. This was before I became a 'Rock Chic'.

1) Madonna's first album was self titled and released in 1983. I idolised Madonna...absolutely worshipped her and would dress up like her daily with lots of lace in my hair and bangles up my arms. Mum was not impressed as Madonna was regarded as very wild back then but she allowed me to listen to her music anyway, Thank God! Borderline and Holiday were two of my favourite tunes on the album.


2) Culture Club - Colour by numbers. I loved Boy George (and still do). I loved his eccentricity and that he was different from anyone else. My mates were all really into Duran Duran but they didn't float my boat and preferred Culture club. My favourite tunes on this album were Church of the poison mind and Karma Chameleon.


3) Paul Young - No Parlez - Fabulous album, Paul Young was Ace! My Fav's on this album were Love of the common people and wherever I lay my hat.



4) Now that's what I call music - I had the first ever one and it included hits like Heaven 17 - temptation and New edition - Candy girl. Great album full of top 40 chart music. Saved me taping it on Sunday night for a few weeks.


5) Michael Jackson Thriller - I didn't know anyone who did not have this album. It was massive and it was everywhere you went. PYT was my favourite song on the album.


Pop over to Kate's Listography to see what everyone had as their first five albums. Photobucket"/>

9 comments:

  1. I applaud your honesty Mama, but have to say that you sound rather proud rather than embarrassed by these albums! I'll give you Madonna, but I'm sorry - Paul Young?? Delighted you joined in - feeling better about mine by the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit of a closet Madonna fan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel slightly better now that the same Culture Club & Paul Young album feature amongst my earliest purchases. At least I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madonna is always cool. I also wanted to dress like her. Unfortunately finding a belt that said "Boytoy" in an Australian country town was difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't listen to Kate. Nothing wrong with a bit of 80s nostalgia!! (If you take a look at my list you'll know I had to say that...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say you have some great choices! *hides away*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Madonna! This listography challenge is really bringing out some skeletons in the closet! (My closet!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, I was very proud of my Paul Young album Kate, lol! Those were the days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bloody loved that Madonna album!! Borderline and Everybody were my faves I think. I remember listening to it over and over again on my Walkman when I went on an exchange trip to France - how antisocial of me! I also had the Now album and Thriller - what's to be ashamed of? They were brilliant! Make me feel so nostalgic! I also loved my Bananarama "Trick of the Light" album.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...