Tuesday, 12 April 2011

The Grow Bag Frame


Take a Grow Bag - Turn it on it's Edge - Double it's Soil Depth!
 

I have been really excited about reviewing this new garden gadget, The Grow Bag Frame. Some people are into kitchen and electronic gadgets...Me, I love anything that will bump up my crops so good garden gadgets are definitely what float my boat.

This simple frame is such a brilliant idea and is made here in the UK from 100%  recycled galvanised steel. It is completely and utterly designed and produced on British soil....Yay, Big up Blighty!

The idea is that by turning a grow bag on its side the depth of soil is significantly increased, allowing the roots of our crops or flowers to bury themselves that little bit deeper, resulting in better root development which of course means an improved growth of the plants.

Crown Garden Products Ltd promise easy peasy construction that folds away flat for storage and other benefits of the grow bag frame are reduced water overflow, which is usually a common problem when a grow bag is flat to the floor. The grow bag being turned on its side creates a water void so less spillage. Also the frame has a strong vertical growing system which completely portable even when planted.

All sounds fantastic in theory, right? So lets see how easy to construct this cool gadget really is...


The frame arrived completely flat packed and the instructions looked simply enough so I decided to get stuck right in and build the frame...Yes all by myself as I am a big girl now.


Honest truth? It really was as easy as promised! I never once had to yell to Papa to rescue me like I usually do, this of course made his day. I'd say it took me about 15 minutes to put together from start to finish. I also moved it to test how portable it is and yes, I managed to move it to another part of the garden with no problem.

As you can see (below) my tomato's are a little bit too small to be planted out yet. They wont be ready for another few weeks but as soon as they are they will be transplanted into the grow bag frame and I will be writing a follow up blog post as I log my progress with it.

So Folks if you like the sound of this fab idea then it is available to purchase from Crown Garden Products Ltd priced at a very reasonable £19.99 plus £8.00 P&P.






*This product was sent to me free of any charge. I have received no financial reward for writing this review and as a family we always give an honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I got this too but have yet to assemble mione, I'm waiting for fear of frost to pass first :) I did do an initial review though and I agree it's a fabulous product

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...