Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Countdown to the Royal Wedding - Crispy cakes and bunting

So the countdown has began...only three more sleeps until the Royal Wedding. Whether you are excited or dreading it, unless you are planning on leaving the country or totally hibernating away somewhere in the middle of nowhere then there is no getting away from it. If you have kids it is a great time for making memories for them on which will be a day in History they will never forget.

We have now decided against jumping on the tube into London to watch it as the weather forecast doesn't look promising and crowded events like this in London are no fun with kids if its pouring with rain. All you will actually get to watch is a sea of umbrella's. So what will we be doing instead as you all know I am majorly excited about the wedding?

Well,we have decided to get a load of BBQ food in and buffet stuff. If the sun does show its gorgeous face then we will light the barbie and if it rains we will have a real British tea party. So we had a bit of a practise run with this morning with food for the party. The girls asked if they could make some crispy cakes so I dug out my union jack and red polka dot cup cake cases that The Teenager bought me for Mothers day.


I was soooo tempted to dip my fingers in the bowl of chocolate as it melted...


But No, I restrained from doing something so naughty and let the girls get on with it. How cute the crispy cakes looked in my red, white and blue cases.

So what else could you make this week in preparation for The Big Day? How about some Union Jack bunting? I have  posted a tutorial here if you fancy giving it a go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm only interested in seeing Kate's dress and hope it doesn't come out full of creases the way Diana's did on the day!!! That was such a shame.

    Also looking forward to having an extra day off work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...