Monday, 28 March 2011

Magpie Monday - Ebay and The Tip

Ok so I didn't get to the charity shop this week, I know I know...Shocking! I've been quite busy and My 11 year old was off school with a cold so I didn't get round to going. For this weeks Magpie Monday over at Me and My Shadow I'm going to show you some items of furniture I've managed to get my hands on for next to nothing.


Firstly when I moved into this house 18 months ago I had no wardrobes because my old house had built in ones so I was living out of boxes at first and felt so frustrated. Then after being here about two weeks Papa popped to the tip to throw away some junk and as he got there he pulled up next to a fella who was dragging a wardrobe from the back of a 4 x 4.


Hubby asked him "Are you throwing that?"

The Fella answered "yes...would you like it?" Then added "It is brand new...I had it handmade for my place a couple of years back and never ended up using it. It's been collecting dust in my barn ever since"


I was thrilled and I know pine is a bit dated now but it is a really good, solid piece of furniture and I'll probably end up painting it eventually with a nice Cath Kidston paint.

My second item is a bench set that I won on ebay for a fiver. They are still selling in Ikea for £46 per stool and £90 for the bench. That's a saving of £224! Result!

Pop over to Magpie Monday to see everyone else's bargains

12 comments:

  1. O.M.G!

    Amazing, I actually totally love that wardrobe exactly as it is. The bench and stools are amazing too - it looks a bit Alice in Wonderland with it being so tall!!

    Can't believe someone was chucking that wardrobe out though, I'm staggered!

    Thanks for linking up sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,how lucky are you..thatreally was being in the right place at the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what wonderful luck with the wardrobe, loving the table and chairs too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I would have given the chap a great big sloopy kiss. Was he mad! more money than sense (obviously not in that he was giving it away to you *cough* just that he was going to throw it away in the first place) stop waffling Karen.
    I would so paint and distress it, it would look wonderful.
    Lucky lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for popping by my blog!

    I absolutely love the wardrobe you picked up from the tip - what a fantastic find, I like it just as it is but I think it'll look lovely once you've painted too!

    It's great when you can pick things up for free! Green too!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people are bonkers! But lucky you, those are some fab bits of furniture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nowt wrong with pine in my book and looks very solid indeed which is what you really want for storage.
    I keep intending to reveal all the free or low cost funiture in my house on Magpie Monday.
    Did feature one bargain today over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com along with a wee quiz of sorts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, brilliant bargains - you've had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love stories like that! What a lovely looking wardrobe as well, and handmade too!
    The stools and table look very cute too. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit I was gobsmaked when Hubby came home with it. I bet it was pretty expensive when the guy paid for it as its really well made. I was Chuffed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wardrobe and the table and chairs, well what can I say, you got such a bargain there! :-) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...