Thursday, 24 March 2011

I hope there is a Heaven


I hope there is a heaven...and it's a place by the sea,
full of warm, sunny days,
where we can just be.

I hope there is a heaven...so I can see your face once more
I would tell you how I've missed you
and that my tears have been galore.

I hope there is a heaven...so I could tell you all I didn't
we had so little time left
that my voice became imprisoned.

I hope there is a heaven...where I find you patiently waiting
a tender smile on your face
an embrace so warm and loving.

I hope there is a heaven...so one day we will be reunited
my painful grief will be over
Mum and me never again parted.

This post is part of Mama Kat's writers workshop.
I picked prompt...
2.) April is national poetry month…Write a poem about Hope
I'm not much of a poet but I thought I'd give it go.


12 comments:

  1. Oh, nice poem. I KNOW there is a heaven and look forward to seeing my Savior face-to-face and my loved ones too!

    Stopping by from writer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet tribute, and a beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tribute to your mother. And a sweet photo!

    (found your link over at Mama Kat's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing it with us (I found you a Mama Kat's).

    I posted a song, one of my favorites, about hope. I can't read it though....it always makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poem, your mum would be proud to read it. I'm sure you'll meet her again in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was awesome! I'm a poem rhymer and, while I envy people who can writer good ones that don't rhyme, I secretly enjoy the ones that sorta do best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your lovely comments...I really appreciate them...especially as poetry isn't my strongest skill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely sentiment - I think we all hope there is a heaven! Visiting from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poem shows talent in compassion, belief, and writing style. Moved with rhythm and with Grace. Full of emotion and Wisdom. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful poem! Such a sweet homage to your mom. There is a heaven to look forward to...your mom is waiting for you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe fully that there is a heaven. I like the way you picture there is a beach there.

    The person I cannot wait most to see is my father, and I am also of the belief that our pets go to Heaven, and am looking forward to seeing my sick animals well and playful once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh sweet. love this, what a tribute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...