Thursday, 24 March 2011

Handmade Thursday - Crochet

For today's Handmade Thursday over at White Lily Green I thought I'd show you some of my crochet. I learnt to crochet when I was eleven and was taught by a lovely ex partner of my Dad's. Her name was Wendy and I loved her because she really liked me and my brothers and she encouraged Dad to have a relationship with us (unlike his current wife). I know that it must have taken her a hell of a lot of patience to teach an eleven year old child to work the hook and wool. Its a craft I adore and will always remember Wendy for teaching me such a lovely skill.
So in the photo above is me wearing one of my handmade ripple scarf's in different shades of grey and the box below is full of the same scarves that I crocheted for our nieces a couple of Christmases ago.



I crocheted the boys hats...including one for my Brother Mr T who rarely takes it off, bless him he loves it even though its old and worn now.




So pop over to Lily White Green's for some more homemade goodies.

8 comments:

  1. I love the scarves, they are so so beautiful.

    You look so cosy and uber-stylish wrapped up in your greys :0)

    I always imagine it must be really difficult to crochet - is it?

    I say my local haderdashers are advertising lessons. Might look into it, but not sure I'll cope - I'm quite cack-handed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scarf in the photo! My mom taught me to crochet when I was very young. I haven't done any in years, but am always glad that she taught me.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great.
    My wife can crochet, and although I can make crochet hooks I can't crochet, it's a dark art if you ask me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh they look nice and cosy, ive tried learning to crochet but can only do the basic lines at the moment i so want to learn properly but dont know if i have the patience lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarves are gorgeous!!!! And so is that picture of you wearing one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those scarves are just stunning!! I admire anyone who crochets or knits... it's like sewing to me, I'm useless!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou Everyone x.
    Lizzie - Its easy once you know how, just tricky at first learning how to handle the hook. But well worth learning x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...