Wednesday, 30 March 2011

The Gallery - Hair

For this weeks Gallery over at Sticky Fingers the theme is hair. Over the years I have had every style and every colour. I have always been very brave when it comes to my hair and will try anything. I really wish I had a photo of the time I shaved tram lines in the side of my head...My Mum went absolutely ballistic and grounded me for what felt like forever.


Anyway the worst and funniest hair I can remember having was The Perm. Why oh why did we do it? I really do not understand what we were thinking. This photo was taken in early 1990 just after the birth of my first baby. I was nineteen and after feeling thrumpy after the nine months of pregnancy I yearned for a new look so Papa sent me down the hairdressers with 40 quid in my purse and said "Treat yourself"


Oh I treated myself alright...To a very stylish perm. As some of you may remember when you have a perm it takes a few days to 'drop' and this photo was taken the day I had it done. When I got home from the hairdressers and walked through the front door I looked like a cross between Kevin Keegan and a poodle. The house erupted into a volcano of laughter. I naturally stormed upstairs in a huff and Papa followed me up and took this photo. I was not impressed! Oh and yes that is shoulder pads I have in my tracksuit top, just to finish the look off perfectly, lol! They were the days.



9 comments:

  1. I'm sure if we wait, that fashion will come flooding back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol go take a look at mine - we could be sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked perm! I couldn't believe it when recently they were trying to convince us the perm was back! G'wan! Can't be, we all remember them far too well to go through that again surely?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had curly perms too even my hair has a natural curl to it. They were great when you went away on holiday as you could just wash your hair and leave it to dry naturally.

    Must post a photo of mine because I was told by my boyfriend of the time that it looked like a tea cosy!!!! Cheek of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a curly perm on my wedding photos too - needless to say I didn't marry the guy who said my hair looked like a tea cosy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, that's a classic photo - the look on your face says it all! I didn't learn the first time and actually had two perms in the early 90s - I was envisaging Star from 'The Lost Boys' but instead I managed to look middle aged at 14!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, sorry for laughing. I too had bad poodle perms like this so I shouldn't laugh too hard x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha...I dont blame you for laughing, I laugh myself whenever I see this pic, although hubby laughs harder...He cracks up, lol! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...