Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Movie Meme - Leonardo DiCaprio

For Metal Mummy's movie meme this week the theme is Leonardo DiCaprio. I must admit I do always enjoy a DiCaprio movie and found it really difficult to choose just one favourite.


As we are on the subject of Leonardo DiCaprio I just want to quickly share something with you. My first born is soooo gonna kill me but hey that's what Mum's are really good at isn't it, embarrassing their offspring.


Quite a few people have told me over the years how much they think my first born looks like Leonardo, even more so now he is nearly twenty one and becoming a young man. To be honest I could never see it myself, until I saw this photo of him and I finally saw what everyone could see. I think he pulls Leonardo's moody look off to a T.


By the way don't panic, the gun wasn't aimed at anyone and he wasn't robbing a bank...He was only clay pigeon shooting.
(My Baby)


(A moody DiCaprio)

Anyway enough of embarrassing my baby boy and back to the matter in hand. My favourite DiCaprio movie was a toss up between 'Revolutionary Road' and 'Catch me if you Can'. Both Brilliant movies and both very different. So I tossed a coin and went with the true story of 19 year old Frank Abagnale Jr. who, very successfully conned millions of dollars worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor and legal prosecutor.


The first time I watched this movie it had me on the edge of my seat as FBI agent Carl Hanratty (Tom Hanks) became obsessed with catching the charming con man. I love how the story develops into a story of real friendship as the two of them play cat and mouse. Fab movie...I can watch it over and over again and never tire of it.

Wanna see some more DiCaprio? Then pop over to Metal Mummy's movie meme and check out everyone's entries.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent choice :)

    And yep, defo see the resemblance. Think it's the eyes :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee your poor son! Does he know he has made an appearance on your blog today??
    Great choice of film it's brilliant, especially because it is a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I can see the resemblance too. He must have good looking parents :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...