Sunday, 13 February 2011

Magpie Monday - A Fiver at the Charity shop

This is the second week for Magpie Monday over at Me and My shadow and it was suggested by Super Amazing Mum that we challenge ourselves to see what we can find at the charity shop for a fiver. I must admit I had a good week. The first thing I spotted was a mini sewing machine, complete in its box with foot pedal, electric scissors and a hand held stitcher ....all for £2. My 11 yr old and Granddaughter will love this and it will keep them busy during the half term.






Next item that drew my attention was a 1970's Tams mug for 50p. I Love it and I'm now on the look out for more like it.







Then I spotted some Lord Nelson 1950's/60'sTea plates and cups for £2...I Love their detail.

And lastly I spotted a trendy lampshade for Second sons Bungalow for 50p.
He was pleased with it. I already had the black base so added the shade and its as good as new.



Pop over to Me and My Shadow to see some more bargains...Click the button below.


Me and My Shadow

10 comments:

  1. Goodness! You've had a great week!

    I tried and failed the fiver challenge this week.

    Love that sewing machine.

    thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great lot of goodies you found. I LOVE the sewing machine xx I didn't do the fiver challenge but went with a Valentines theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of goodies for a fiver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! That tea set is lovely. There's only one charity shop where I live and it's not that great. Looking forward to car-boot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I love second hand shops. I get great books and wrap them up real nice and give them to friends just to let them know that I was thinking and praying for them :0)

    Hope you and your family have a very happy Valentine's Day!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your 1970s mug and the plates, fantastic bargains and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clever thing you.

    Seeing that mini sewing machine has reminded me of some little metal sewing machines my sister and I had when we were small. I think we had them from an old friend of our mother's who we called 'Aunty Margaret' - a spinster who had no children herself and always bought us lovely Christmas, birthday presents and huge Easter eggs. They worked too and were hand operated - now I know why I am good at doing costumes for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous!!! I love all of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they are fab bargains, I love charity shopping it ia great thing to do xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...