Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Fat Butt and Little January


" To be a success in life, it is not what you have in life; it is rather what you make of your life, for you can only build your success through your own works." ~ James R. Padgett




Ok so I've become a fatty...Theres no skirting around it. Its true...really really true and now I am finally doing something about it.


I've been putting on weight since I lost my Mum in 2006. I gave up smoking that year too so I think my dramatic weight gain is a combination of craving nicotine and comfort eating. Very strange that I should be comfort eating as I was more likely to NOT to eat before whenever faced with a stressful situation but this time I feel I'm eating to try and fill the huge hole that Mum has left me with. I know that that hole will never be filled so rather than sit around just getting fatter I need to change a few things.


I started a Facebook group on January 2nd this year for weekly weigh in's and support. Really its aim was to help motivate me and give me than big kick up the a**e that I needed.

It has worked...The group is proving to be a great success and everyone in the in it is so fantastic I could cry! We are all, very quickly becoming firm friends...some already were and those who weren't have become so and to top it off we are losing weight! It is the best diet group I have ever been a part of!


I was really unwell for the past fortnight so have been unable to workout up until yesterday. I have been feeling great, on top of the world. My mojo has returned with a vengeance and I've been out walking today. A two hour cross country walk...and it felt Damn good! Slipping and sliding through wet, muddy countryside was a task in itself but the sun was shining and I felt energised I inhaled the crisp, fresh January air. I feel great and I welcome my continued weight loss with open arms.





I love January. It is a month of new beginnings with a new year to look forward to. A clean slate to do all those things we wanted to get on with last year.


Little January
Tapped at my door today.
And said, "Put on your winter wraps,
And come outdoors to play."
Little January
Is always full of fun;
Until the set of sun.
Little January
Will stay a month with me
And we will have such jolly times -
Just come along and see.
~
Winifred C. Marshall

1 comment:

  1. Keep up your motivation!! I'm working very hard on losing some weight myself. I have started doing a mile on the treadmill each day. I plan on adding to that when it becomes too easy! I'm looking forward to following your blog and getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...