Saturday, 11 December 2010

Reverb 10

A blog I've recently started following Blissful Rainbow has been taking part in a really positive personal journey inspired by Reverb 10.


Reverb 10 is an online annual event giving out daily prompts that encourage you to evaluate your year, reflect and to send out reverberations for the year ahead.


I'm joining in a little late and felt disappointed that I may have missed the boat then while browsing a few of the other participants blogs I stumbled across Yvettes Ramblings who is also jumping aboard a bit late. I'm following her lead and playing a quick catch up.


December 1st - One Word

Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?(Author: Gwen Bell)


The One word that encapsulates 2010 for me Healing. I began 2010 feeling positive about my personal journey of grief for my Mum. In January for some reason I suddenly felt like I had moved a few steps forward towards healing my broken heart. The pain will always be there but it hasn't felt as raw this past year.


The Word I would like to start 2011 with would be Chill.

I need to Chill out more and eliminate stress.


December 2nd - Writing


What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?(Author: Leo Babauta)



This would probably be spending too much time on facebook. I couldn't eliminate it completely because I like to see how my Friends are doing, especially the long distance ones. I will be spending less time on Facebook during 2011.



December 3rd - Moment

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).
(Author:
Ali Edwards)


This would be celebrating My 40th Birthday surrounded by the Love of my Family & friends. Spending the day with those dearest to me meant the world to me. I have a photo from that day of My four children and Granddaughter all laughing together. I felt such a huge surge of Love & Pride as I took the photo.





December 4th - Wonder

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
(Author:
Jeffrey Davis)


I guess that wonder would be our new Allotment. We have never grown our own food before and have both watched with Wonder this year as we reaped our harvest. Extremely satisfying!



December 5th - Let Go

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
(Author:
Alice Bradley)



This is a very deep and personal one for me and deserves a post of its own. I have had to let go of some emotional attachments that I had for some of my Brothers. It has been a difficult process. A process that has been painful. I had to accept the fact that my Brothers are grown men and capable of standing up for themselves and making their own decisions in life. I cut a few ties that were causing me imense heartache.


December 6th - Make

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
(Author:
Gretchen Rubin)



This is an easy one for me as I am always making stuff! The last thing I made was a Granny square blanket for our Granddaughters birthday. I really want to make new cushion covers for my sofa. Its a big job as my sofa is a six seater corner suite. I need plenty of time to do it so after Cristmas I'll get stuck in!


December 7th - Community

Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
(Author:
Cali Harris)



I got involved with a group of Ladies on Facebook who paticipate in a monthly photo challenge.

I have made some lovely new online Friends and hopefully one we will get to meet. Its been Fun and inspiring!



December 8th - Beautifully different

Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.
(Author:
Karen Walrond)



This is a difficult one. I've always been a bit different to everyone else. Not sure why exactly...Its just how I've always felt.

I guess my positivity is what people comment on the most. I have a real zest for life and aim to live my life as Happy as possible. Its far too short for spending it miserable or unhappy!


December 9th - Party

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
(Author:
Shau)



That would have to be My cousin Matthews wedding. He married his`lovely wife Karen in a Castle on Easter weekend. It was truly magical. The party afterwards was Fabulous! Especially catching up with Family members that I haven't seen for years.



December 10th - Wisdom

Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
(Author:
Susannah Conway)



Definately getting chickens! They have made wonderful, funny pets who give us the gift of tasty fresh eggs every day! A very Wise decision indeed!


December 11th - Things.

What 11 Things your life doesn't need in 2011. How will you go about eliminating them? How will these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

1. Lose the 4 stone I have gained in the past 4 yrs.

2. Create More - starting with my sofa covers

3. Detox - Think more carefully about what I am puttng into my body

4. Fitness Regime - Workout everyday

5. Cook more - Be more creative in the kitchen

6. Allotment - work hard at implementing all we have learnt this year for a more successful crop next year.

7. Paint - Buy an easel and some paints (Been wanting to do this for a while now)

8. Organisation - I need to be more organised this year. Especially regarding things for school...Maybe need to go back to my old routine of having everything ready the night before.

9. Christmas - Start buying presents in January

10. Birthdays - Remember to post out peoples Birthday cards. This is an annoying flaw I have!

11. Save for a Holiday to Devon!

4 comments:

  1. this is great emma, do you mind if I copy, tomorrow?
    joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined a bit late and did as you've done :) I'm with you on the 11things...I need to do all those, excpet a bit more weight to lose here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I dont mind Joy. There are loads of Bloggers taking part. I think its a Fab idea to really think about things that need to change or be improved in life. xxx
    And Rainbow Thanks so much for leading me to Reverb 10...I Love it! Very positive website! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. emma ... i LOVE that you powered through the first several days. i saw your comment on yvette's rambling - which is what she also did. LOVE IT! great to have you part of reverb10.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...