Friday, 31 December 2010


December 30 – Gift. Reverb10


This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)
The most memorable gift for me this year was the bouquet of flowers Hubby had delivered to me for my 40th.
It was such a lovely surprise because he had the florist specially add blue roses. You can get blue roses that are grown specially with blue dye but hubby didn't have enough time for that as the idea for a blue rose surprise came to him at the last minute. Instead the florist waxed real red roses in a blue wax....very cleverly done.
There is a story behind the blue rose for me...It goes back to our wedding 22 yrs ago. I had always wanted blue roses in my wedding bouquet...It was a dream I had from a little girl. Again it was too late for me to have them as Mum organised my wedding in 10 weeks as I was expecting and she wanted me married before I started to show, bless her.
In the end Mum made my posies of fuchsia and white roses. They were beautiful but hubby never forgot hat I really wanted blue roses and made sure I had some for my 40th.
It made my day so special...That he had remembered.
I am lucky to have the gift of a wonderful husband.

3 comments:

  1. so you were pregnant and got married in 1988? snap!
    I had a blue and white bouquet, but certainly not blue roses. what a wonderful man to remember it after all that time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely sweet! thanks so much for sharing this! blue roses, eh? awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...