Thursday, 11 November 2010

Writing Workshop: Coming up For Air

Its been ages & ages since I took part in Josie's Writing workshop as I was having a bit of a break from blogging.
I picked prompt 2 Coming up for air (by George Orwell)
Write about a time you found peace after a difficult time. Or alternatively, write about breathing spaces. What helps you re-charge?

Ok, I know I've written about North Devon many many times before and lots of you already know it is a place that is very close to my heart.

This time two years ago we were living in North Devon...in a little village by the sea called Appledore.

For one year we had a little tiny fisherman's cottage with the most breathtaking views...The first time I looked out of my bedroom window I literally had to catch my breath...

Before we got to Appledore we had suffered a turbulent few years. We lost Mum to Cancer in 2006 and through our pain and grief Papa Syder and I separated for a year. When I look back that time was dark, It was painful, And I cried so much I didnt think I would ever be 'Normal' again. I missed My Mum, I missed My Husband, I missed My life. I felt so alone.


Papa and I finally realised life was lonely without eachother. We realised we were meant for eachother...We realised things needed to change. We realised we needed to work at bringing our family back together. We needed to retreat from the world. We needed time for contemplation...Time to decide what we wanted to do with the rest of our lives together.

Moving house was the best thing we could have done. Appledore welcomed us with open arms...wrapping those big arms tightly around us. We could finally breathe, Breathe a huge sigh of relief. We came up for air...and it felt so Good. We felt free...

We felt alive again...


We had found a little piece of heaven...




Life was Good again...



It felt like we had been given a fresh start to life. And now was the time to change our lifestyle forever... That was easy in Appledore.


We decided that Life was short and it should be spent with the people you love. Time had become more important than anything else. We no longer craved material things...Only each other. We no longer wanted careers...Only each other. We no longer wanted a social life... Only each other.




We became so aware of of everything around us...
The beauty that our world can offer... All for free. We do not need things or money to make us happy in this life.... Only Eachother!
Appledore Healed our Hearts. Appledore gave us a chance to catch our breath. Happy Anniversary My Darling, Forever I am yours, Forever I will Love you.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Emma - hope you had a lovely anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing post. I feel inspired reading it and now want to dissapear to the sea with my family and just be together.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

    Thanks, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. And music too. How clever. (Found you at SIFTW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE this post, and the pics are lovely. Glad things are going so well for you all :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...