Monday, 15 November 2010

Mum is always with us

It started a few days ago...
That pang I often get for Mum...The pang that aches...
Aches to speak to her...Speak to her about Anything and Everything.
I guess it was Our wedding Anniversary that started it off.
Any special day just reminds me Mum's not here with us...
Or Maybe just Maybe she is...Maybe she is up there
Sitting in the clouds with Grandad
Looking down watching and...Listening and wishing she could Butt in and tell us What she thinks,Try and Put us on the right track,or praise us for getting it right this time.
Our middle Son moved out today...Another occasion I know she would have been here for. She would have driven over, boot full of knick knacks for Master N's new pad....Or maybe a trip to Ikea (one of her favourite shops)
Just like she did for me & Papa all those years ago when we moved into our first place. Mum & Super Grandad drove up to Peterborough in the family Mini Bus (He was called Super Grandad because the boys thought he was Superman when they were little...But hey thats another post!). They had a mini bus full of bits and bobs and Grandad told Papa all there was to know about Peterborough (Grandad always had a story for everything). Papa would struggle to understand a word he said as he had a very strong Southern Irish accent...
We would giggle and I would tease Papa about Not understanding what Grandad had just said.
They were both there for us...Supporting us and making the move memorable.
It even crossed my mind maybe Mum was up there pulling a few strings to get Master N his lovely little bungalow....if so then Thanks Mum...
He loves it! It is so Fab...and perfect for him...
He is a good lad and deserves a nice home of his own.

We spent the day getting his new pad comfy and warm.
It does need decorating and he will need furniture and white goods...
But it is clean, dry and beautiful.
Just before we left he wanted Papa to give him a lift up
to check the loft for undesirables...
Hehehehe
Been a while since Master N has sat on Papa's shoulders!

Anyway when I got home I switched on my laptop and in one of my album's
I found the last photo's ever taken of Mum...
They were taken during her chemo...
She was losing her Beautiful thick black hair at the time...
Infact I had cut it short for her only a few days before...

It was the last time a lot of our family members saw her
as she passed away only 4 mths later.

We had a picnic that same weekend...

Lots of Cousins and Aunts were there...

Trying to organise everyone for a picture proves tricky...


Smile...



Mum...
I know you are always with us...
I feel you close everyday,
in everything I do x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...