Friday, 8 October 2010

A Wedding to Remember

Not Sure you will remember but last March I spent the day helping My Cousin Matthew's fiance to make her wedding favour boxes here:


Well their big day came and went,

They got married Easter weekend at Hedingham Castle in Essex





It is a medieval castle dating back to c1140



The castle is still owned by one of de ver's descendants Jason Lindsay and his wife Demetra

who live in the castle grounds...


The Grounds are breathtaking and I was lucky enough to spend the night in guest cottage that was beautiful, quaint and cosy



The interior of the cottage was exactly to my country tastes

And here is My Aunties Best friend enjoying a cuppa in the cute window seat before getting ready for the wedding



When the time came we headed over to the Castle
and waited for the Bride to arrive
The atmosphere was electric and witnessing a marriage in the castle felt very special

The service went without a hitch

What a Beautiful couple they make

The Throwing of confetti
(One of the best bits)

We proceeded to drink Bucks Fizz in the Stately home before dinner was served
(Mother of the groom in Navy, Auntie Jill)
It was delightful

The Table was set to perfection...
Although this photo was taken after a few glasses of celebration wine,
hehe, giggles, hic
more giggles, hic!

The speaches were splendid


And The cake was cut


Lots of family catch ups
One of My Brothers and his wife
(Sam & Louise)

My Cousins on My Dads side


The Father of The groom (Uncle Kev) and more Cousins from My Dads side


My Cousin Nat was Bridesmaid and she also sang for us in the evening
While we had a boogie
Congratulations Matthew & Karen


5 comments:

  1. what an enjoyable day. I just love weddings.
    joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful day was had by everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wedding photos.

    Brings back memories of my niece's wedding 2 years ago at Langley Castle, in Langley on Tyne, Northumberland. Unfortunately we didn't get to throw the pretty peach and cream rose petals she bought as it poured with rain all day.

    Being at the Castle was a bonus though as we didn't need to venture out as the whole day and evening was spent there. We stayed overnight too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I have just finished printing out photos to go in my album of her wedding too!!!!

    Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comments everyone,
    And Jordiegirl...Isnt a castle wedding beautiful...Really atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...