Sunday, 14 March 2010

Happy Mothers Day!



Happy Mothers Day to you all
I hope you feel special and loved

Now if you can pick up the phone and tell your Mum you Love Her
If you cant for whatever reason I know you will be thinking of her today with an aching heart
whether it be because you Miss her
Or Miss having ever having a Mum in the first place.


I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook





It was when I had my first child that I understood how much my mother loved me.
~ From "For Mother - A Bouquet of Sentiments"




All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.


~Abraham Lincoln





A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.


~Tenneva Jordan





A mother's love liberates.
~Maya Angelou





Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now I have seven children and only one theory: Love them, especially when they least deserve to be loved.
~ Kate Samperi





Children and mothers never truly part -
Bound in the beating of each other's heart.
~ Charlotte Gray





Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom with the dishes.
~ P.J. O'Rourke





I know how to do anything - I'm a mom.
~ Rosanne Barr





The hand that rocks the cradleIs the hand that rules the world


~W. R. Wallace





There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way.


~Andrew Jackson


8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post with some fantastic quotes! Thank You for sharing! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that was lovely. I went to see my mum today, next time I visit I'll show her that post. I think she'll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post.

    Love all the quotes but particularly the one about the pie - so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing that you had a lovely day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou everyone...Hope you all had a lovely Day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment...Love your post,brought a tear to my eye.x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent quotes. I'll have to bookmark this and go back to these someday!

    I have to admit all of these Mother's Day posts from across the pond had me doing a double take and wondering if I missed something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for stopping by and for your comments Gingeyginge & Mollyinminn x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...