Saturday, 6 December 2008

Thinking of Mum

This is our 3rd Christmas without Mum now and it isnt getting any easier, we miss her every moment of every day. Even more so at Christmas time.

Keeping everyday memories alive is my main reason for keeping my blog, especially for my children & Grandchildren to one day read back on and remember the little things we all too often forget.

Before Mum passed she told me that everytime I spot a pure white feather while I am out & about that it is her sending us a little sign to let us know she is checking in on us.

To us white feathers symbolize Mums presence & we make sure at Christmas we have white feathers on display which this year is the reef on the table & Miss K wanted to drape her feather boa on the mirror. Nanny would have loved that boa K...Very Glam.


Remembering You
Your time on earth seemed all too brief because I wanted you in my life forever.
And although I really miss you, in my heart I know that you are at peace.
Still, countless times throughout the day I find myself remembering you.
Although I cannot see or hear you, I know that you are with me.
I'll feel you in the warmth of the summer sun.
I'll see you in the brilliance of autumn leaves.
You'll be beside me in the peacefulness of a gentle snowfall and rejoice with me at the emergence of the first flowers of spring.
I'm thankful for the times we shared and the priceless memories too; for those memories are a comfort now when I lovingly - Remember You.
(Author Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...