The East of England Co-op is running its annual Sourced Locally Fortnight, between May 30, 2016 and June 12, 2016. The Sourced Locally range is all about championing the great food and products that come from our region.
Reasons to keep it local
- Full of local flavour – all our products are grown or made right here in East Anglia
- Fresh – Products are delivered to stores as quickly and as efficiently as possible
- Checked for Quality – All producers are checked and accredited, so it’s not just local, it’s the best it can be
- Lots of choice – There are thousands of sourced locally products from over 100 local producers
You can find out more about Sourced Locally Fortnight here.
I popped along to my local co-op to see what local produce they have on offer at the moment and I picked up a few new products that I haven't tried before like Hadleigh Maid chocolate bar - pure heaven, as well as my old favorites like Fairfields Farm Crisps. I was lucky enough to meet a couple of lovely people from the farm last year at my local Christmas fayre and let me tell you they are very passionate about their products and very keen to make sure that their customers receive exceptional quality from their farm in Colchester, Essex. Their crisps are divine so I thought I'd try their baby potatoes too and another local product 'Stokes Lemon Mayonnaise', by making a yummy lemon potato salad, perfect to serve at summer BBQ's.
Easy Summer Lemon Potato Salad
- Boil the new potatoes for 15 mins.
- While still warm, toss with all the other ingredients.
*I was sent a coop voucher free of charge for the purpose of this blog post. My views and opinions are 100% honest and unbiased.